The Bulgarian Investment Managers Association is proud to announce its partnership with the UN-backed Principles for Responsible Investment. As a PRI "Network Supporter", BIMA will work with the PRI to raise awareness of responsible investment and the PRI within our networking community and the broader financial sector.
The PRI is a global network of mainstream institutional investors who have come together to promote Responsible Investment (RI) through the integration of Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) criteria into their investment processes. Since, its inception in 2006, the PRI signatory base has grown steadily and now stands at over 1000, representing some of the world’s largest pension funds, investment managers and professional service providers.
A full list of PRI signatories can be found here: UN PRI signatories
Signatories are committed to promoting responsible investment and the integration of environmental, social and corporate governance criteria into their investment processes facilitated by the six Principles for Responsible Investment:
1. We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes;
2. We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices;
3. We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest;
4. We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry;
5. We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles;
6. We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
More information about the PRI can be found on their website.