BIMA members are virtually grouped in regular, associated, honorary and sponsoring member groups.
Regular Members of BIMA are individuals who accept the Statutes of the Association and share its goals, as well:
- Hold a license from an accredited international or local certifying program with good reputation in the field of finances, financial analysis, portfolio management and risk management
- Have appropriate professional experience of at least three years
- Accept and adhere to the Code of Ethics of BIMA.
Associated Members of BIMA are natural persons who accept the Statute of the Association and share its goals, as well:
- Are enrolled to sit for an examination at an accredited international or local certifying program with good reputation in the field of finances, financial analysis, portfolio management and risk management and have acceptable professional work experience.
Regular and Associated Members of BIMA may assume an Active Member or Observing Member status. A Regular or Associated Member may assume an Observer status, if he or she:
- Has been a Regular Member of the Association for at least twenty four successive months
- Is not currently engaged in professional activities which qualify as Acceptable Professional Work Experience sufficient to fulfill Regular Membership requirements
- Completes an application provided by the Association and submits it to the Board
- Fulfils other requirements as the Association may impose.
Honorary Members of BIMA are persons who through their work and position have contributed or could contribute to the broader public and professional recognition of BIMA, its objectives and interests. Honorary Members shall be accepted at the General Assembly upon a motivated proposal made by the the Board of the Association.
Sponsoring Members of BIMA are natural and legal entities sponsoring the Association and supporting it in the process of accomplishing the goals laid out in the Statute. Sponsoring Members shall be accepted at the General Assembly upon a motivated proposal made by the Board of the Association.